CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wow this has never happened before

Olivia has a cold but nothing serious. On the way home she fell asleep in the car and I didn't want to wake her but I thought for sure she would wake up as soon as I put her on the floor. She didn't even budge which means I was able to get dinner ready without a munchkin around my knees. I was even able to put together a pizza dough recipe to freeze as my next freezer food experiment. I totally forgot that it was Tuesday so I didn't get to watch the biggest loser but I am happy because I was able to accomplish so much before 8 pm.

I am getting much needed practice kneading dough but it is tiring but luckily for me practice makes perfect. I just have to say that I am so so thankful for all the women that came before my time that cooked everything without electricity. They had to do everything manually. Wow! That must have been exhausting.

I have also been trying to cut back on meat in our diet and replace it with beans. I bought a huge bag of pinto beans from Sam's and I have found an easy way to cook them. I soak them overnight in a crockpot and right before I leave for work I replace the water and turn on the crock pot on low and let it cook for 9-10 hrs. I make a bunch so I can freeze them into smaller portions.

2 comments:

Charee B Mcclellan said...

good idea on the beans...i am going to try that!

Married Mannings said...

Love the bean idea!! I get some from the food coop in my area every month and I'm always thinking that it will take too long to make. I'm going to try it now