CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mild Winters

This is a boring post. I did it mostly for an observation of my surroundings and get my thoughts down in writing.

This is my first mild winter. It is different but I think I could get use to it. I grew in Cache Valley so I am use to a ton of snow and freezing weather in January and February. Plus I went to school at USU and worked there for years so I am accustomed to the chilly canyon wind. I do miss the snow I don't really miss the below zero weather or scraping the windshield or warming up the car.

As I write this blog it is raining outside. And this is the norm for Boise winters. The average temperature for January are high 30s. It is suppose to reach the low 40s this weekend which makes it hard for me to want to visit Utah when I know it is so much colder.

Fall is amazing in Logan even along the Wasatch front. The trees turn a brilliant yellow, orange and red. The days are warm the nights are cold. But I can honestly say that fall was amazing in Boise. We live in an older part of town and there are huge trees that line the streets and it was such a beautiful drive to work everyday. And maybe it was an Indian summer this year but Fall seem to last forever. The days were warm and the nights were perfect. It never got cool.

While I do love winter, no snow doesn't leave much room for winter recreational activities and being pregnant makes doing most of them uncomfortable.
So I am looking forward to spring. I am assuming it will come much early than I am use to. I am probably getting ahead of myself but I could really get use to this weather. I know that summer might be killer for me but I'll think about that when it gets here.

0 comments: