CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's a girl



So we found out yesterday that it was a girl. I was hoping for a boy because Mike was really hoping for a boy. With foot zoning you can tell if it is a boy or girl from about 12 weeks and every time I had checked it was always a girl but I was holding out hope for Mike. Mike wasn't disappointed at all.

Personally I am super super excited. I think it will be really fun for Olivia to have a sister that is so close to her age. I realize that there will be fighting and such but hopefully they can do stuff together and share things when they are older and be great friends when they are older. I have two sisters which is great but we are really really far apart in age (7 and 9 years) and I have always wished we were closer in age for many reasons but one of them being we were never even close to being in the same stage of life. And when I was storing all of Olivia's baby clothes, it really made me want to have another baby girl.

I also love love the birthing center we go too. I really can not believe how different the experience has been and I thought I had a fantastic OB/GYN. With Olivia's ultrasound the tech was going so fast and we just felt so rushed. With this baby the midwife took her time and explained every picture and she spent at least 25 minutes with us so we could see the baby from all views and see how much she was moving. It was so nice. And even though I see a different person every time each midwife takes my appointment as an opportunity to get to know me personally and learn my situation and why I came to the birthing center.

9 comments:

Courtney said...

Congrats! That is really exciting!

Melinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melinda said...

Fun! A little Olivia, you need about ten more, she's such a doll. Congratulations!

Alabama Apples said...

Ahhhh!!! Hooray!!!! I'm so excited for you. It is so fun to have my babies with the same sex siblings close. They are best buds (and best adversaries) :). Hooray for hair bows, purple and sparkles!

Brooke said...

Hurray! I love having two girls! most of the time!

Jenny said...

Wahoo! So fun! And just think of all the $$$ you'll save on baby clothes this go around. I love having my sister.

Julie said...

YAY!! I was wondering if you were going to find out! So neat for Miss O to have a little sister. Your house is going to ooze pink and princesses :) You have peaked my interest in foot zoning. Amazing how you can tell so much from it.

Brenda said...

Congrats! How are you preparing differently for this baby than Olivia?

KIRSTEN said...

So exciting! I love having two little ladies in a row. Nothing beats the sister bond!!