CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Charlie Horse

I forgot to write about this last week but I experienced my first charlie horse during my sleep. It was slightly uncomfortable but nothing to complain about. I think I have had a charlie horse 4-5 times in my whole entire life and I usually get them in the arch of my foot.

Mike starting running again this spring and he asked me if I wanted to go on a hike/walk yesterday. We did the Bonneville trail and he ran and I walked. It isn't anything strenuous but it is quite hilly. It is about 2 miles one way so we both headed off and when I met Mike coming in the other direction I turned around. I probably finished 75% of the trail before we met up which I considered pretty good even though I didn't have to do the killer steep part at first dam like Mike. So I decided on my way back I could run and it wasn't too bad. I did walk the steep parts though.

Later that night while I was reading in bed, my first charlie horse hit. Not too bad. Then another one in the middle of the night and the last one hit this morning. I couldn't believe it. Hopefully this won't be a regular occurrence but I have read that leg cramps are very common in pregnant women. I would love to hear any stories anyone has about their experience with muscle cramping.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said.