CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Nothing new

No fun exciting news for me this week. Mostly just complaints. I haven't been sleeping well for a few days. I can manage to fall asleep fine but I always wake up at 4 a.m. and it isn't due to the fact that I need to go to the restroom. Instead of laying in bed for an hour or so waiting to fall back asleep this morning, I got up and ate breakfast, folded laundry and read for awhile. I finally fell back asleep around 6. I have also been unusually hot at night and from what I hear it will just keep getting worse. The sad thing is it isn't even warm in Logan yet but our friends Kerri and Rob have offered us their air conditioner so I will be able to survive the summer. Thank you.

I worry about getting toxemia and I know I should exercise more and Liberty said I should prop my feet up in the evenings and drink water but sometimes doing all three is hard. But I took the initiative today and drank 16 oz of ionized water this morning and I have already consumed an additional 40 oz so that puts me add 56 oz. I might be able to reach my 80 oz by the end of the day easily.

In regards to exercise, I didn't do a formal workout yesterday but I cleaned my kitchen, vacuumed, changed the sheets on the bed and considering how winded I can get I am counting that as exercise. On Sunday Mike got his family to do a timed mile to motivate them to participate in a 5K in a few weeks. I actually was able to run the whole time but not as fast as my usually self. I did the mile in 9 minutes 55 seconds. Not as impressive as Mike's 6 minutes 18 seconds and not as fast as my old time but I am definetely happy I could still run.

Some people say that pregnant women have a glow. I don't think I am one of them. Sometimes I feel unattractive and would rather not leave the house. Personally I think my complexion is worse than it was. I think my hair is sometimes unmanageable. My hair is really thick already and now that it grows faster and less is falling out it is like madness on top of my head. Luckily I get a trim later this week and I will be able to ask my hairdresser to thin it out again.

Good thing is I haven't seen any stretch marks but I have experienced the belly itching this week. Mike thinks I need to step up my regiment of putting lotion on my belly 3 times a day. I am thinking my belly is going to itch whether I change from my routine 2 per day belly lotion sessions to 3. My belly seems to be growing at an amazing rate. Right now I am at week 18 and it seems like my belly has doubled since week 16. I'll post a belly photo next week when I reach week 20.

The exciting thing that did happen which is not baby related is I got to chat with Liberty through the facebook chat option earlier this week. That was really nice because I haven't talked to Liberty in months maybe a whole year. The last time I actually saw her was probably at her wedding luncheon back in 2000.

5 comments:

Haylee Munk Brown said...

I just have to tell you that I love reading your blog, because you are telling everything about your pregnancy, and that is very interesting to me since someday I may be pregnant and I am a bit scared of it!!! It is good to know what you are going through. I think it is amazing that you ran a mile, I ran yesterday and it kills me!!! Ha ha ha!! Hope you feel a bit more comfortable tonight and get some sleep, even though it may be wishful thinking ;)

Alabama Apples said...

I hate the belly itch! It was so fun talking to you, too. It is crazy how much I miss you! I'm glad we've been able to reconnect. I can't wait to see your baby belly. More pics!

Hayley said...

Just thought I would say hi and congrats on the baby!

Jenny said...

I know every pregnancy is different but Sandy my only advice is to just relax and enjoy it. I know, I know, with all the pregnancy woes it's really hard to (trust me I understand - I barfed for 5 months everyday all day long, itched like crazy, and was always hot) but now looking back it was all worth it. Don't stress too much about everything that could go wrong. It really does sound like you are taking the best care of yourself as possible and yes, drinking water will help especially when it starts to get really hot. I took walks and swam a lot and honestly, it was great and while I still felt like a beached whale, at least I was moving a bit. You'll do great and you really do have the pregnancy glow. I think every picture you post is just gorgeous! If you ever need to complain or have questions, give me a call or send an email!

Anonymous said...

I am sure you are being your hardest critic!! I am sure you're super cute with your baby bump...and who doesn't love thick hair?! I know you're cute 'cause you've posted pics and we have the proof of your cuteness! :)