CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

29 weeks pregnant

I am so excited to finally be reaching the 30 week point this Saturday. I'll be elated when it is finally 38 weeks but that feels like too far away. Overall I think I look pretty good but I could be packing on some major pounds the last few weeks. But honestly my eating habits are a lot better this time with a lot of education of what I have to eat. With Olivia my weight gain was crazy the last few weeks but that could have been due too the summer heat and I was eating way to much sugar. My belly is huge and sometimes Mike can't believe how big it is and how fast it can grow.

While I am thankful it is still cool in Boise, I am really looking forward to spring and some sunshine. The gloomy, cloudy weather can get really depressing after awhile. I am starting to get uncomfortably hot at night when I sleep. My sleep is decent for being pregnant. I have to use my body pillow. I feel like I am starving all the time but after a few bites I feel absolutely full. I can't wait for the baby to drop down so my stomach can get some room. I am honestly tired all the time like I can't get enough sleep. I visit the chiropractor twice a week for now to help get my hips into alignment and help with lower back pain, indigestion, stress carried in the neck and hemorrhoids. I am nesting like a maniac and can't wait for my sewing machine to get here. I am pretty sure I trimmed and painted my toes by myself for the last time this week. Dried figs and dark truffle chocolates are some of my favorite snacks.

I experienced my first charlie horse two weeks ago and it was as an pleasant as I remember. I haven't been taking my prenatals regularly. They made me super constipated but I also realize what I am not supplementing back into my body the baby is going to take from my body anyways so I need to do it for myself. In addition to the prenatal, I am taking additional calcium and eating bananas regularly and I haven't had one in a long time.

Olivia is growing so fast. I just can't believe that I had her 2.5 years ago. Sometimes I wish I could just bottle her up and stop her from growing. This age has it ups and downs and I can't imagine what the threes will be like but she is definitely an independent girl. She loves to pick her own clothes which are usually pink, frilly or a dress. She only likes to have shoes she can put on herself. She prefers to have her hair down instead of pull back into any type of style. She loves nursery. She will and tries to climb everything. The best way of teaching her is to model that behavior and being consistent. Thankfully she sleeps in her own bed. Unfortunately it is hit and miss on the naps. Our bedtime routine consists of pj change, brushing teeth, family prayer, picking up her room, reading books and singing songs. Making her help me pick up her room has resulted in her not dumping her toys every single day which I am thankful for. She loves breakfast and her favorite is eggs. And she loves to eat most fruits.

One of my favorite things is how she imitates Mike and I. It is crazy how much she picks up from observations. Every parents does the best they can but I can't help but feel a little guilty that I am not doing enough or teaching her enough.

0 comments: