CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Getting ready for the baby

I know that most books suggest getting ready for the baby later in pregnancy but I am realistic that I am probably going to be too big and miserable to do much of anything by the time I am 36 weeks. So I have a running list of things to do from now until the baby comes i.e. wash the baby's clothes, make freezer meals, do one last deep cleaning, pack the birth center bag, get the pack-n-play and cloth diapers out. Hopefully I will be ready to roll by 38 weeks.

Last night I brought out the baby's clothes to wash and Olivia was so so excited. Olivia was a tiny baby so newborn clothes were way too big so I am expecting that this baby will be on the small side (6 lbs). I have a decent selection of preemie clothes but whenever I pull them out Olivia thinks they are clothes for her dolls. I guess I can't blame her since they do fit her dolls perfectly.

Then I pulled out the summer newborn and 0-3 month clothes and Olivia seem to think they were her clothes to wear right now. Instead of stopping her I let her try on one of the sleepers. I figured that it would be too small and uncomfortable and she would want to take it off. She was pretty excited wearing the sleeper and the bib but 10 minutes later it was off. I didn't get any pictures of her backside but since she wears a cloth diaper and the sleeper was skin tight it made her look like she had a bubble butt. :)

BTW - Olivia's favorite color is pink. The hotter the pink the better. Grandma bought a new fleece blanket for baby #2 which happen to be pink with hot pink trim but Olivia found in the pile of clothes to be washed and she has decided it is her blanket now. Oh well.

0 comments: