CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 7, 2011

A new present to myself

Sometimes I hoard my money from birthdays and Christmas and doing side jobs. I have a huge wish list of things I would love to buy but I usually don't until just recently. I am glad that Jenny suggested that I was nesting because I didn't know what has gotten into me lately. So I am just going with the flow so I can get as much done as possible before I loose all my energy.

My mother in law has the nicest sewing machine I have ever used. It is electronic and I have never had problems with tension and it is so easy to set up and clean up and runs like a dream. I usually save all my sewing projects to complete at her house. I have a huge list of sewing projects to do and I was thinking to myself, I would love to get a new sewing machine but I wonder how much it would be. I have a mechanical one but I think the last time I used it I just couldn't get the tension right.

Wow! Bernina sewing machines are expensive but I know that they are worth every penny but that was out of my budget. I googled around for reviews on sewing machines. Then I read reviews for a brothers electronic sewing machine and I found it at overstock for an amazing price plus it got amazing reviews. So I took the plunge and bought it and hopefully it will be here really soon.

Not the prettiest machine but if it runs like all the reviews say it does I should have some projects complete before the baby comes. My hope is this sewing bug doesn't fade after the baby comes because I really do love to sew.

2 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

Wahoo! I'm excited for you. Sewing is something I definitely haven't mastered yet. I love the material for the quilt; it will be fabulous!

Unknown said...

Has the machine gotten there yet?