CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 4, 2011

To quilt or not to quilt

So I have been bouncing back and forth about making Olivia a quilt. Making quilts now a days isn't cheaper than buying one from a store. Actually it is quite expensive after purchasing the materials and all the time spent putting it together. But I thought it would be nice to make something for Olivia. After talking to Mike about it he encouraged me to make one for her.

I took a couple of sewing classes in high school and have made two quilts. I am a decent sewer but I would love to learn how to make more things. I have been following a few sewing blogs and I am very intrigued with repurposing clothes, alternating and making kids clothes.

I went out and invested in quilting/sewing supplies which can be quite pricey but most of the items were 40% off at JoAnn's. Mike couldn't believe how much some of that stuff sells for. I would have loved to get the biggest and best but I didn't have the budget for it so hopefully I bought everything I needed.



This is the material I picked out for Olivia's quilt. I love love love that flower material. I made Olivia a pillow case a couple of weeks ago out of the same material. I've prewashed and ironed everything. My next task will be to cut out all the pieces and sew it all together. I'll be happy if I can get that done by Christmas this year.

2 comments:

Vivian said...

Hello, are you still operating your Pillow Pets kiosk at the Irvine Spectrum? If so, are you still in front of Dave & Buster's? I am looking for a pillow pet outlet so that my 2-year-old can choose his own pillow pet for his transition from a crib to a toddler bed. Thanks. I loved your blog.

Jenny said...

Are you sure you aren't getting a jump start on nesting? Sheesh girl! You get more done in a month than I do in an entire year!