CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 15, 2010

Pregnant :\

So Mike and I have been trying for awhile. Awhile being since March. With Olivia it happened the first month so I never had to wait and feel the disappointment of getting my period every month. Even though 6 months isn't a very long time it is when you are waiting to conceive. So I just tried to be healthy, lose some weight and get into shape.

Since we wanted to have another baby I have been very hesitant about trying to find another job even though the job I had in Logan totally sucked. A few things happened at work and I hadn't gotten pregnant and I told myself what the heck I am going to find another job. I can't stay in this crappy one waiting for me to get pregnant or for Mike to find a job so I can quit mine.

So I applied and I got this job at BSU. I accepted the job and like 2 weeks later I missed my period. What timing. I am so so happy that I was pregnant and I was happy to be moving and starting a new job and I was working out everyday and I felt fantastic. Then week 6 came and boom. Morning Sickness.

The morning sickness isn't as bad as it was with Olivia. I threw up daily with Olivia from week 6 until week 16. Sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. This baby I have thrown up occasionally. But being nauseous all the time is really hard. I sometimes feel like I would rather get super sick, throw up and feel better instead of constantly feeling sick. With Olivia I was tired all the time and I could sleep really well at night. With this baby, I am not quite as tired and I can't get my brain to shut up to get a good night sleep. The indigestion started last week but luckily I know to take mylanta instead of tums (which made it worse with Olivia).

I am super excited to be pregnant. Counting down the days until I am out of the first trimester. I am trying to be super excited and positive to be in a new city at a new job but lets face it - I'm pregnant, hormonal, irrational, tired, sick, and did I mention hormonal.

10 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh wow! Congrats to you guys, but I can see how this new change would be stressful. It will all work out, funny how it always does :) I hope the morning sickness passes soon!

Julie said...

Aww, congrats Sandy!!! I'm so happy for you guys!! I agree with the previous comment, funny how everything always works out even when it's not how you had envisioned it. Before I got the job here, I was like "hell no, no kids til Ry is 4, period!" now that I'm happy at work I want another one sooner than later and Chris (who doesn't have a job yet) is like "eh, 2 more years is good" I know what you mean about the nausea. I had that with Ryleigh. I had crackers by my bed and ate some before I got up, and was constantly munching on something (cereal and crackers) to keep something in my tummy. That seemed to really help. Hope it passes soon for you :) Congrats again, I'm so happy for you!!!

Julie said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting!!

Jenny said...

Wahoo! Kiddo #2 is way harder during pregnancy, at least for me. Puking for months on end and being sick all day with a toddler begging for attention and lunch and more attention makes it really hard. And on top of that working too. Just know that you can always complain to me about it 'cause I've been there too! But at least the second time around you know all the sickness is in fact worth it!

Alabama Apples said...

Ahhhh!!! Hooray for you! I love living vicariously through other people ;) I can't wait to see belly bumps, knowing what you're having and everything!!

Isn't it crazy how things always seem to go different than we plan! I hear you on that one!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

YAY! i am so happy for you girl! waiting for the pregnancy + is such a killer. We waited forever for TATE and then our 2nd was easy as heck. it was super hard to not hate everyone that was pregnant around you and i would get soooo hormonal without being even prego. I don't know why we go through the trials that we go through, but all i can say is that heavenly father know all. I look back, and because aaron and i had 5 years together without kids..our married life is so much stronger. (our kids have been horrible sleepers, grateful that we had a good foundation before we got irritated by oneryness of lack of sleep!) This happen for the best. Maybe this had to happen to get you up there. Time will tell. CONGRATS!!

KIRSTEN said...

YAY ... congrats to you and MIke! I too am expecting .. April 2nd!! I along with you, was like are you kidding me? What timing. I have been planning on running a 1/2 marathon since June. Needless to say, I had to spend half of my training just trying not throw up and get past the nausea. UCK. Anyhow, hang in there girl ... for that too will pass haha. I cannot wait to see pics of a new little Durtschi!!

Shelly Traveller said...

Congrats, you sure make cute babies! I hopes you get feeling better soon, been there done that, it's so hard with other little ones needing your 24 hour attention, not to mention all the other stuff you have going on, good luck!

The Obergs said...

congratulations! Wow, what a full life you have right now with all of your changes. I hope you get settled in and feel back to normal (on the other hand, maybe it's better to feel hectic so you don't notice how crappy you're feeling with your pregnancy...)

Married Mannings said...

Congrats!! Sandy I'm so happy for you. That is so exciting but I hope you start feeling better soon.