CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Settling in

So we move to Boise on Thursday and we are slowly settling in. I started my new job on Monday and it is awesome. It is nice to be part of a organization that knows what they are doing.

We moved into a 3 bd/2bath twin home with a 2 car garage so it is a huge upgrade from anything we were living in. It has a fenced yard and a half functioning swingset in the backyard but it is off the road and really close to my work.

We are about 75% unpacked. Our goal is to try to unpack 2-4 boxes everyday but it is hard to get motivated when we have been unpacking for a week. On the plus side, Mike finally put Olivia's bed together and I actually got her to go to sleep before nine in her own room and she slept there for most of the night. I say most because she woke up and came into our room but I finally took her back to her room and she promptly fell asleep. The past few weeks Olivia has been a terrorizer. Not really but for her it was pretty bad. I suspect it was because she was sleeping in our bed and she wasn't getting enough sleep or quality sleep just like me and Mike which meant everyone was on edge.

My goal is to get her back on a schedule and routine just so can all survive the next few weeks while we are in transition and just in time for day light savings adjusting. :( At this point in my life I have to celebrate every small victory. On a side note - we are expecting. But that is another post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Boise!!! we hope that you love it here as much as we do!!!
Robert and Rebekah Barney

Jenny said...

WHAT??? I totally saw that baby ticker thing on the side and thought I was going crazy because I thought I must have missed the announcement in some earlier post! How exciting! I sure hope you don't get sick, especially with a new job and moving. Wow, lots of changes!

Haylee Munk Brown said...

I did the same thing as Jenny!! I glanced over and did a double take!! So excited for you and all your new adventures!!!!