CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rough sleeping

For the past week or so Olivia has been waking up and not going back to sleep very easily. I have been so tired I would just bring her into the bed with me which means severe lack of sleep for me. Even though Olivia has so much space in the middle of the bed she has to scoot right next to me or on top of me.

I did some research and I think her stranger/separation anxiety is pretty high right now. I think she wakes up and even though I give her the binky, she just cries louder when I walk out. But I am so tired at this point I am just going to let her cry it out. Even though it is torture sometimes, she really only cries for 3-4 minutes before settling down. I had to time it because I didn't want her to suffer. :(

I also think Olivia might be on the verge of eliminating her late afternoon nap. If she goes down too late for her morning nap 11 AM or after she will sleep for like 2 hours plus and she won't sleep in the afternoon. But if I can get her down before 11 she sleeps for atleast 1.5 hours. And another hour in the afternoon.

The dilemma now is she is waking up around 6:15ish when she use to wake up around 7:15ish. I am wondering if I move her to one nap a day she will sleep longer. It doesn't seem like she is sleeping enough though. It is nice to get a break in the afternoon.

Right now it is hit and miss and it stinks to be in limbo with a routine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo to no sleep!! I think I've gone through that with every kid and it is awful!! I really feel for you. Just from my experience, (and take it for what it's worth) at that point I've elimnated the early morning and late afternoon nap and started having them take one nap after lunch. I hope things get better and you can settle back into a routine!!

Charee B Mcclellan said...

at a year my oldest went to one nap. i put him down 3 hours after he wakes up. sometimes it is 7:30 and sometimes 9:00...depends on the day and such, but 3 hours later seems to always be when he is ready to go down. this seems to work for us, but who knows. i hated changing a 2 nap day to just one. nap i am always putting one kid down for a nap or another...ahhh!