CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Separation Anxiety

So my aunt from Cambodia started watching Olivia this month. My old sitter, who is fantastic, needed a break which I totally understand. Mike and I were sad because Olivia loved Amanda, Peter and Abby. The first week with my aunt was a little rough for Olivia. She cried every time I dropped her off and I noticed her separation anxiety has been worse in all aspects. It is getting better now that she has spent more time there.

The good things is she is learning how to understand and hopefully speak Cambodian. If she can speak it she will basically surpass my skills.

I am transitioning Olivia to one nap a day and boy are the afternoons rough. Especially when she doesn't take a very long nap. Plus she still is waking up at 6 AM.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ohh...poor thing! I am sad it has been rough! She is going to learn so much though! We need to get the girls together sometime next week - Abby misses her, too!

Julie said...

Ryleigh only wants to take 1 nap, but she still obviously needs 2. And when she's ready for a 2nd nap it's 5 or 6 at night which is too close to bed time. I don't know why she's started waking up an hour earlier than usual to top it off since she's been sick.