CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Friday night. I know your jealous...

What a way to spend a Friday night. Mike had to work in Bountiful so I was home alone with Olivia. As soon as I put her to bed I knew what I had to do. I wish I could say I had a lovely massage and relaxed but I didn't. I cozied up to what I hate and love at times. My computer and laptop. Mike and I bought a Dell computer back in 2006/2007 and it came with Windows Vista and this is before everyone knew it was terrible. We have suffered with it for the past 3 years but finally Windows 7 came out. We have had problems with the OS for quite a while but I didn't have the time or patience to deal with it. But I couldn't procrastinate any longer because Mike bought a license update and needed it working smoothly for the last semester of school. So I reinstalled Windows Vista, upgraded to Windows 7, installed all the drivers and software.

Mike and I also recently purchased a Macbook Pro and I hope that we can eventually move only to Macs when we can afford it. I bought a basic one and upgraded the harddrive from 120 to 500 GB and the memory from 2 GB to 4 GB. The computer has been on the fritz and a coworker is trying to help me fix it before I call AppleCare. Even though it is small I feel awfully proud of myself. I swapped out the memory all by myself.

Total time spent: 5-6 hours. Reinstalling the OS wasn't as bad as I remembered but it isn't something I wish to do again.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Even the smallest accomplishment can have the biggest impact.

Good job.

i'm still saving up my pennies to get a 7 license for my wife's computer. i'm not a big fan of Vista, myself.