CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Running Shoes

Mike and I love shoes but we have cut back on that habit significantly since having Olivia. But we still have our moments. We love all types of shoes and we like the nice comfy ones which can also be pricey.

Mike and I ran our first 5K race in October 2007. It was local and it wasn't very big but we did notice than everyone had nice running shoes. We just ran in some old trail running shoes so we decided to buy some running shoes.

I saved my pennies and bought these awesome running shoes. New balance 755. I love them. Plus I am partial to New Balance. Mike bought a pair of Mizuno's and he loved them too.



I finally started running again and I am planning on doing a half marathon which means I will be putting a lot more miles on my shoes so I started looking around. I would have loved to get the same pair but I didn't have any luck finding any in my size. Plus I was trying to get a good deal.

I went and tried some shoes on and like last time it was between a New Balance and Saucony. This time I decided to get a saucony. I searched all over the web and found a great deal on the Saucony Progrid and was actually able to get another pair of cheap running shoes (Saucony Grid Ignition) and it was the same amount it would have been if I bought the shoes at the running store. They arrived on Tuesday. I can't wait to break them in.


Saucony Grid Ignition



Saucony ProGrid

2 comments:

KIRSTEN said...

Let me know what you think of them? I am using ascics right now and LOVE them!

Unknown said...

For the type (size) of runner i am, i've always had the best luck with New Balance and Asics.


Good luck. Looking forward to reading what you think.