CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Schwinn Bike Trailer



I think one of the best Christmas presents I got is our new bike trailer/jogging stroller. It is more like a family present but all I know is I love it and so does Olivia. Mike and I love to spend time outdoors and recently Mike has gotten into cycling. And I have been running and instead of getting a separate jogging stroller and a bike trailer, I thought it would be more cost efficient and space efficient to get one stroller that could convert. I did research for months and months. There are bike trailers that I could buy on Target/Walmart that are cheap but they didn't get the best reviews. Then there are the heavy duty bike trailers that are super spendy i.e. $450 then I would have to buy kits to convert them to stroller and jogging stroller which was usually an addition $50-75 per kit.

I did consider buying a used trailer on ksl but I decided to splurge on this purchase and buy something I really wanted. It is super easy to convert and pull the wheels off. It folds flat for easy storage. The seats are cushioned. It is easy to change the buckles from a single rider to double rider. It rides like a dream when I am running and Olivia seems to like it. Plus I think it looks awesome. Mike thinks it is awfully wide but aren't most double strollers. And on a side note, right now we only have a Olivia but hopefully one day in the future we will be adding to the family so I was also planning ahead.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, buying jogging strollers were probably the things we ever bought (we weren't into biking so we didn't need the conversion-type).

But now, at 20 and 17, the girls are getting just a tad bit too old to push....lol

Looks like you bought a great one and i agree, this is just one of those things where you have to spend the extra bucks. After all, it's your kid in there and you want a good one to keep them safe, right?

Good luck with it. i wish you both may enjoyable outings with it.

Garth and Alicia said...

Nice! What a wonderful Christmas gift. You will get a ton of use out of it! Fun!!

Alabama Apples said...

oooh, I like it. It is really cute and looks nice. I'm sure you all will get its worth in use!

Laki Girl said...

These are the best! I loved our version, not quite up to schwinn-par, so I know your family is going to love it!

Courtney said...

I want one!!!

Julie said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I totally want one whenever we get a house (since we definitely don't have room for it now). I love that it can be used both as a jogger and trailer.